Thursday 1 February 2018

Parsley Bay - Two Trips

Over the holidays I had a few friends in town keen to give snorkeling a go, so I thought Parsley Bay would be a perfect beginner spot. They were great days above and below :)





Everywhere I looked the juveniles were out and schooling.






Another guarantee for Parsley Bay is Common Stingaree's. Whilst they look quite dangerous the chance of a sting is low, usually only occurring in shallow water when swimmers step on one accidentally.






I may have gotten too close to this one.
Rough Flutemouths were also cruising around the shark nets.



And a couple of Fan-Bellied Filefish.







Moon Jellies provided a chance to try out my new strobe light (more on that in my next post).



























Toadfish also provided a few good shots. I'm not too sure if this is a Smooth Toadfish as it is a bit more yellow than I usually see.





Mourning Cuttlefish were also camouflaged all over the place.





However, the big surprise of the trip was this new weird fish I hadn't seen before. I'm thinking it could be a Sand Flounder but I'm not too sure yet. I took a fair few shots just because I couldn't get passed it's sideways frowny face, camo, and strange swimming style.











3 comments:

  1. there's an old saying...flat as a flounder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!!! Never knew Parsley Bay was a snorkelling spot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post thannks for sharing

    ReplyDelete